ECE Program Specialist
Horry County First Steps is looking for a full-time ECE Program Specialist who has experience working within Early Care and Education settings. The ECE Program Specialist will conduct in-person visits with child care staff implementing Creative Curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plans and coordinates the development, implementation, and execution of ECE programs, special projects, and other initiatives designed to achieve the overall mission, goals, and objectives of the agency.
· Oversees and administers all facets of the day-to-day operations of the various ECE programs and activities related to the position
· Provides and/or coordinates the provision of technical guidance, consultation, and related support to clientele within the area of ECE program focus; provides day-to-day problem solving as necessary on day-to-day program-related needs and issues.
· Collect and submit all pertinent data in a timely manner
· Attends all required training to maintain knowledge of advances in the field of early childhood education.
· Attends reflective supervision sessions monthly and staff meetings as scheduled.
· Must have experience working with children ages 0-5.
· Must have at least 3-5 years of hands-on early childhood development experience, preferably within a childcare setting.
· Must have progressive experience in coaching, professional development, and curriculum building.
· Must have excellent organizational skills.
· Must be able to multi-task.
· Must have excellent time management skills.
· Must have excellent communication skills.
· Must be compassionate, understanding, and personable.
· Must have intermediate computer skills.
Education, Certifications, and Licenses:
· Bachelor’s degree (Early Childhood Education or Public Health preferred).
· Valid S.C. Driver’s License and clean driving record.
· Ability to obtain SC Endeavors Certified Technical Assistance Provider
· Must have the ability to fulfill any continuing education requirements.