Mission & History
The mission of Horry County First Steps is to ensure that children start school ready to learn by supporting the caring adults who touch their lives. We establish partnerships and secure resources to provide programs that focus on quality early care and education, family support, health, and early literacy. We accomplish our mission through our core values.
We have been a vital part of our community since 2002. We were founded to ensure that children enter school healthy and ready to learn. We have continued to grow with the help of our donors and volunteers that make our mission possible. Through all these years our focus still remains the same: support young children, their families, and community members to promote school readiness.
- We are committed to facilitating school readiness to learn. Readiness includes physical, mental, social, emotional, and, developmental well-being.
- We are committed to the success of all children in our community.
- We support the role of parents as the child’s first and best teachers.
- Our community’s participation is essential to our success.
- The Partnership and the community are mutually accountable to children.
Horry County First Steps
1511 9th Avenue, Suite A
Conway, SC 29526