When it comes to early childhood education programs, quality is critical. High-quality preschool gives children a strong start on the path that leads to college or career. Research shows that all children benefit from high-quality preschool, with low-income children and English learners benefiting the most.*
Facility Quality Enhancement (FQE)
The goal of the Facility Quality Enhancement Program is to produce measurable improvements in the quality of care provided to young children. We strive to make this happen by promoting developmentally appropriate practices within high-quality environments and increasing teacher-student interactions.
- Pre/Post quality assessments using nationally recognized observational tools for infant/toddler and preschool settings (ITERS, ECERS).
- On-site technical assistance at least twice a month for a minimum of one hour per visit.
- Potential funding for equipment and materials through grant opportunities.
- 8 hours of free certified training and workforce development.
- Coordination with community partners for additional free services that may be available to them and their families.
Center Staff Training and Development
HCFS offers affordable, high-quality professional development sessions. All training sessions are certified through SC Endeavors and include topics in the areas of nutrition, health and safety, curriculum, child guidance, and program administration.
Our childcare training program aims to advance the early care and education profession creating pathways to success for early childhood educators and the children and families they serve.
Child Care Provider Resources
Use these links to find regulatory and reference information
for child care providers.